"CDC Health Information for International Travel (commonly called the Yellow Book) is published every two years as a reference for health professionals providing care to international travelers and is a useful resource for anyone interested in staying healthy abroad. The fully revised and updated CDC Yellow Book 2018 codifies the U.S. government's most current travel health guidelines, including pretravel vaccine recommendations, destination-specific health advice, and easy-to-reference maps, tables, and charts.
The 2018 Yellow Book includes important travel medicine updates:
- The latest information about emerging infectious disease threats such as Zika, Ebola, and MERS
- New cholera vaccine recommendations
- Updated guidance on the use of antibiotics in the treatment of travelers' diarrhea
- Special considerations for unique types of travel, such as wilderness expeditions, work-related travel, and study abroad
- Destination-specific recommendations for popular itineraries, including new sections for travelers to Cuba and Burma..."