"Vaccines are not just for kids! Regardless of age, we ALL need immunizations to protect against serious, and sometimes deadly, diseases. Protection from vaccines you received as a child can wear off over time, and you may be at risk for new and different diseases.
Find Out Which Vaccines You Need
The specific vaccines you need as an adult are determined by factors such as your age, job, lifestyle, health conditions, locations of travel, and vaccines you've received in the past. Throughout your adult life, vaccines are recommended to get and maintain protection against:
- Seasonal influenza (flu) (for all adults)
- Pertussis (whooping cough) (for all adults who have not previously received the Tdap vaccine and for women during each pregnancy)
- Tetanus and diphtheria (every 10 years following Tdap vaccine)
- Shingles (for adults 60 years and older)
- Pneumococcal disease (for adults 65 years and older and adults younger than 65 who have specific health conditions)..."