Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Gynecologic Cancer Awareness

"All women are at risk for gynecologic cancers, and risk increases with age. You can lower your risk for some of these cancers.
“I had fibroids for years, but it was abnormal heavy bleeding that led me to see my doctor,” said Brenda. “I had already gone through menopause, but would occasionally have very, very heavy bleeding. I learned that I had uterine cancer.
“I had surgery to remove the cancer. I didn’t require further treatment. It’s been 10 years and I am cancer-free. I am blessed that I have a supportive network of friends and family that I could rely upon. I often share my story with folks in my community to help raise awareness.
“I encourage women to listen to their bodies. As women, we think we need to do it all. Be sure to find time for you; find space for you; enjoy you! Start with self-care and self-healing. If you aren’t well, you can’t do anything for anyone else.”

What Are Gynecologic Cancers?

Gynecologic cancers are cancers of women’s reproductive organs. The five main types are cervical, ovarian, uterine, vaginal, and vulvar cancer..."
Gynecologic cancer


No comments: