Do you know about the opioid overdose epidemic?
According to the most recent CDC data, we know that most drug overdose deaths in the United States involve an opioid. Some numbers to know are:
- Opioids were involved in more than 33,000 deaths in 2015.
- Sixty three percent of drug overdose deaths in 2015 involved an opioid.
- Every day, 91 Americans die from an opioid-related overdose.
- The number of overdose deaths involving opioids has quadrupled since 1999.
- Heroin-related overdose deaths increased by 21 percent from 2014 to 2015.
- In 2015, 12,989 people died from a heroin-related overdos..."