Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Measuring Broadband America:A Report on Consumer Wireline Broadband Performance in the U.S.
"To make informed choices about purchasing and using broadband, consumers need to have access to basic information about broadband performance. Will a particular offering allow me to browse the web quickly and easily? Will it enable me to use new applications that help me maintain my health, search for a job, or take courses online? What should I look for in a provider if I want to watch high definition online video or play online video games? Does a given speed tier have sufficient upload capacity to enable video conferencing? Will a higher speed, higher priced service improve my Internet experience? Can I get by with a lower priced service? And does the speed a provider advertises match the actual speed I will receive at my home? To help answer these questions, this Report presents the results of the first rigorous,
nationwide study of actual home broadband performance in the United State..."

No comments: