Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Project Play, Semester 2, Week 8

This week's assignment is an introduction to screencasts.

The demostration for CuePrompter works as perfectly as intended. The examples using FreeScreenCast would not load. I kept getting the message "Done, but errors on page". I assume some plugins are needed that aren't installed on my work computer. I took a look at the FreeScreencast.com site and one of the requirements for installing the software is having Microsoft .NET framework 2.0 on one computer. I checked and it isn't on my computer. So, even viewing the demostrations must require that one computer have .NET framework 2.0.

The examples given of libraries using screencasts seem like a natural extention of traditional tutorial guides. I wish the program was around when the 2000 census was published so I could have created a few tutorials for various products on our Census and Statistical Information web page. I will look at some other products as candidates for using the Screen-o-Matic product to demonstrate their features.

No comments: