Thursday, April 3, 2008

Project Play, Semester 2, Week 9

Martin Luther King, Jr., I've Been to the Mountain Top speech, April 3, 1968


Week 9th assignment is an introduction to YouTube.

Most of the sample videos provide an introduction to library services-children's storytime programs, and introductions to basic services. The ones from the Green Gables Elementary School Library, Lakewood, Colorado, Allen County Public Library, Baltimore Public Library are especially well done.

Another service I didn't see mention is book discussions. This would seem a natural service to videotape.

I haven't really formed an opinion about likes or dislikes of YouTube. Just haven't used it enough yet. But, I can see its use in finding speeches by famous persons.

I added a video of Martin Luther King Jr's I've Been to the Mountain Top speech of April 3, 1968, his last speech before his assassination. This seem most appropiate in that the 40th anniversary of is death is this year.

No comments: